"Parallel streaming" leverages a module written by Martin Isenburg and Peter Lindstrom.
There are several pitfalls to using the module right now:
- The file format reader must instantiate and populate an avtIsenburgSGG
- The code for avtGenericDatabase must be modified to force ghost zone creation
- The proc_ids in avtIsenburgSGG have to match the assignments made in LoadBalancer
- You have to enter -lb-stream on the command line.
- The "collective communication" checks appear to be off.
- For example, don't use "percent" in the slice.
- And you have to manually select your isovalues.
- Make sure optimizations that subselect blocks are off. (Turn off interval trees.)
- You must send exactly one variable through the pipeline (no subset/mesh plots, no multivariable pipelines)