The VisIt subversion repository is currently hosted at NERSC. You can login to portal-auth.nersc.gov via ssh, using your NERSC username and password. The repository root is located at /svn/visit.
By default, your shell is vrsh and your path is /cvs/bin. You can't seem to run any program which requires reading from stdin (including bash!), export a new PATH. Even still, working with hooks is slightly annoying; see svn_bin/hooks/new_versions.sh in the repository.
Subversion has a series of hook scripts which can be executed on the basis of a transaction (commit). The VisIt project employs some of these.
- pre-commit: currently disabled, but we'd like to verify
- consistent indentation (e.g. no tabs)
- TRY has a corresponding ENDTRY.
- post-commit: has a number of scripts
- ciabot_svn.sh: CIA bot notifier.
- state_update.sh: warns when updating state objects, to regenerate autogenerated code.